This documentation is for the WooCommerce Redirect Thank You plugin.
Installing the plugin
Please follow the instructions in the how to install a plugin documentation.
Redirect Thank You Settings
In the WordPress dashboard, hover over WooCommerce and click on Settings. Next select the Thank You tab.
(Optional) If you want to set a Global Thank You page that customers will be sent to on order completion, you can set that page with this setting. This option overrides the WooCommerce Order Completed page setting.
In the License Key field add the license key sent in the order confirmation email. This will activate notifications of new versions of the plugin and allow automatic updates from your WordPress dashboard.
How WooCommerce Order Received Pages Work
WooCommerce uses an endpoint to display the Order Received page templates.
This order-received endpoint uses the Checkout Page that is installed with WooCommerce and displays a page containing the thankyou.php template file.
This template file can be overridden in your theme, but WooCommerce Redirect Thank You lets you override this page without having to use code.
Setting a Default Thank You Page
To override the default WooCommerce Thank You page you can:
- Create a new WordPress page to be used.
- Add your content to the page.
- Add the [growdev_order_details] shortcode to the page.
- Set the page as the Global Thank You page setting on the Thank You tab in WooCommerce > Settings.
Set up a Custom Thank You Page
To set up a custom Thank You page from the WordPress admin, select Pages and then click on Add New.
Add a title to the page, and then add any product-specific details for your customers. In this example, a customer has just purchased access to a membership site and will see a list of Next Steps:
After the product-specific text be sure to add the [growdev_order_details] shortcode so that the details of the current order will be added at the bottom of the page.
Assign a Thank You Page to Products
To assign a custom Thank You page to a product from the WordPress admin, select Products and then click on Edit for the product.
On the Edit product page in the Custom Thank you meta box, select the page that you just created.
Update the product, and when customers purchase this product they will now be redirected to the custom page after checkout!
Here is an example of the checkout:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What happens when multiple products are purchased and only one has a custom Thank You page?
Answer: If multiple products are in the cart and one has a custom thank you page, the customer will be redirected to that page. The Order Details shortcode will still show all products in the order.
2. What happens when multiple products each have a custom Thank You page assigned?
Answer: The first product in the cart to have a Thank You page will be used for the redirect.
3. I have two scripts I want to place on separate thank you pages. Does the customer first go to the original thank you page, then get redirected to the custom thank you page?
Answer: The customer is redirected to the custom thank you page without visiting the original thank you page. So only one script would be run.
4. How do I set a default Thank You page for the site?
Answer: Use the Global Thank You page setting in WooCommerce > Settings > Thank You. This will be used for all carts that do not have a Custom Redirect page set.
5. Will redirected thank you pages include download links to digital products?
Answer: Yes, you can add the shortcode [growdev_order_details] on the new Thank you page and the order table and download links will show on that page just like the normal Thank You page.
6. Can I redirect failed orders with this plugin?
Answer: The plugin is only for successful orders. It redirects based on the items in the cart. Failed orders normally stay on the Checkout page.
7. Does WooCommerce Redirect Thank You plugin support redirecting to external URL?
Answer: Yes, the plugin supports redirecting to an external URL.
8. If there are multiple products in the cart, how does it then select the thank you page?
Answer: The first item in the cart with a redirect defined will get used.
9. Can I the change default redirect page?
Answer: A Global Thank You page can be set.
10. Will this plugin work with PayPal?
Answer: Yes, the WooCommerce Redirect Thank You plugin works with PayPal. When the customer returns from PayPal they are redirected.
11. What URL should be used to setup PayPal auto-return?
Answer: In your PayPal.com settings go to Settings (Gear Icon) > Account Settings > Website payments > Website preferences.
In the Auto return section, select On, then use the following URL replacing “example.com” with your store’s URL: